Sweet Potato Chips (Gluten-Free Snack)
You know how you need to feed your kids once a day (once a week can also work) something nutritious and warm? I have a whole list of good nutritious "it-feels-as-if-I'm-cheating" meals. The sweet glorious potatoes is one of them.
This is something so good, I feel like I have a personal bond with sweet potatoes. That they somehow understand my time-constraints and brain freeze when it's my turn to put something "good" on the table. I'm not completely convinced that sweet potatoes are more nutritious or healthy than the regular potatoes, but it's convenient so I'm going to pretend that this is one of the best super foods you can feed your kid.
Sweet potato chips
- 2 big sweet potatoes
- extra virgin olive oil (grass fed butter or coconut oil is a great option as well)
- salt and pepper (if it's for adults, chilli flakes make this a Michelin star dish)
- fresh lemon squeeze
1. Cook the potatoes in enough water for 15min (with or without skin).
2. Cut them in horizontal thick enough slices.
3. Add the olive oil, salt flakes and pepper and put in an oven tray.
4. Bake in a preheated fan or conventional oven at 180°C / 200°C for 30'.
5. Squeeze half lemon and serve warm.
You can have it as a main with some side protein, but I love it as a snack.
And I'm like a super mum, cooking super food, for a super kid. All happy!