This cornbread turned out delish! I normally make a different recipe with Greek yoghurt (also amazingly tasty) but this one is vegan, absolutely no dairy used. And still, it was moist and full of taste. Here's what you need:
2 Cups Cornmeal
1/2 Cup Wholegrain Flour
2 Cups Water
1/2 Cup Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly grease a pan with some olive oil (I used a 24cm spring-form).
- In a big bowl add the cornmeal, the wholegrain flour, and the yeast (dilute it with warm water first).
- Add the olive oil and water slowly until you have a nice batter (it'll be lumpy because of the cornflour but that's fine).
- Bake for 30'-35' in total but do check after 20' if it's becoming golden brown.
- Let it cool for 10'. I love eating it warm.
We ate it in a day, everyone went crazy.
I'll upload the dairy recipe next week so stay tuned!