Gluten-free Buckwheat Pancakes
Pancakes are good. We are a pancake household. I love them for their versatility. Kids love them, minimum of ingredients required, and they can look really fancy if you take the time. What's not to like, right?
This is only one of my thousand favourite recipes.
Since I started having digestion problems with wheat I'm using buckwheat regularly. I like its nutty flavour, I feel fuller longer, and I have less cravings. All right, I prefer the wheat ones lol but these are a good alternative, especially if you have issues with wheat. The recipe for the batter is similar to the wheat pancakes, but I use different ingredients that work well together and we can still have fluffy pancakes even with buckwheat.
- buckwheat flour
- baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- coconut sugar (or any other sugar/sweetener you prefer)
- an egg
- milk (or buttermilk, almond milk)
- vanilla essence
- Whisk the milk, the egg, the vanilla, and the sugar together.
- Add slowly the buckwheat, the baking powder and salt. Depending on how you like your pancakes, you can add more buckwheat flour to have a thicker batter. Like with the wheat pancake mix.
- Serve with the toppings you like. Frozen or fresh fruit accentuates their nutty flavour and are also great with figs and cheese-another favourite combo.
Give it a go and let me know what you think!