Homemade Nutella (Sugar-Free)
I don't have much of an introduction for this recipe. Who needs an introduction for a homemade Nutella anyway? This is refined sugar-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free. All in all a great choice if you love nuts, hazelnuts. Healthy, easy to make, and delicious.
I've tried many hazelnut chocolate recipes before. They're all good but this is THE recipe. Love it. Prepare your spoons!
- 2 cups hazelnuts
- 3 tbs cocoa or 4-5 cacao powder
- 1/2 cup (or less) coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 tbs water
- Bake the hazelnuts at 180°C for 12'
- Rub them softly with a tea towel for the skin to come off.
- Put them in a food processor and blend until creamy. For me it was a bit less than 5' but it depends on your machine.
- Add the sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, water, and olive oil. Blend again for a couple of minutes. Taste the butter to see if you are happy with the sweetness and the consistency.
- Put the chocolate hazelnut cream in a big jar and store it in the fridge for at least a week. Although I doubt it'll last that long lol.
- You can use honey in place for sugar. It needs to be a good quality clean raw honey otherwise there's no health benefit.
- If you prefer you can add coconut oil or butter to replace olive oil although to me olive oil is what makes this recipe like no other. With coconut oil you'll have some coconut flavour and with the butter the consistency and silky texture of the chocolate paste won't be as good.
Btw the kids love it!