Savory Buckwheat Muffins (Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free)
I discovered buckwheat almost a year ago. I'm very happy with the things I can cook using this flour. I don't eat whole wheat flour, and I also avoid whole grain because of digestion issues. Spelt is a better alternative for all the reasons some of us know, but I have the same sensitivity with it. So buckwheat is a great way for me to eat carbs and get some good protein as well. Buckwheat, like quinoa, is a super seed. It's mainly carbs but it contains a higher nutritional value, protein, antioxidants, and many minerals. I love their nutty flavour.
These savoury muffins are totally yum. Perfect for breakfast or to accompany soups and salads.
And the recipe is easy. But you know that lol.
- 2 cups buckwheat flour
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup milk (any milk you prefer)
- 1 tsp cream of tartar (or baking powder if you are ok with gluten)
- a jar of small capers
- 1/2 sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a big bowl whisk well together the eggs, milk, and olive oil.
- Add slowly the buckwheat flour and the cream of tartar. Mix well for a nice thick batter.
- Add the capers, dried tomatoes, and parmesan cheese.
- Divide mix in a 12 muffin tin.
- Bake for 30'-35'
- You can use any type of cheese, peppers, or other ingredients to your liking. Carrots or zucchini are also a nice choice.
- The batter should be thick but not dense.
Go muffins, go!