Gluten-free, Dairy-free Bounty Bites
I'd never say that these homemade coconut bars are just as delicious as the real ones unless it was true. I sort of believe that nothing ever tastes like the real thing. But there are a few exceptions. So these sugar-free, homemade bounty bars are the next best thing after my homemade peanut butter cups and my cocoa energy bites. Gluten-free, refined sugar-free, dairy-free, no additives, no colouring, no artificial flavouring.
Seriously delicious. Amazingly easy recipe. The ideal snack.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups dried shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 2tbs coconut oil
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- homemade nutella (see my recipe here) or good dark chocolate
- Mix everything together, except the chocolate. You can use a bowl or a food processor.
- Once you have a sticky paste, roll into bites and leave in the freezer for at least an hour.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate.
- Use a toothpick to dip bites into the chocolate.
- Pop into the freezer for the last time.
- I prefer to use a food processor but if you like the shredded coconut go for the bowl. The food processor makes it more like a cream.
- Don't skip the part where you put the bites in the freezer before dipping them in the chocolate.
- You can freeze again and give it another chocolate dip, another layer of heaven.
Good fat makes for a good snack! Indulge.