Flourless Banana Pancakes
I love eggs not only because they're yum but for the possibility they give me to bind ingredients together. For someone like me who wasn't really into cooking, eggs are a revelation. I never knew I could make easy, delish, cakes just by using eggs as the main ingredient; and no flour. I was ignorant.
These are one of the many pancake recipes we make at home. And it's flourless. Also packed in protein, so it's great for after exercising.
INGREDIENTS (7-8 small pancakes)
- 2 eggs
- 2 small bananas
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar (or baking powder)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- In a bowl mash the bananas with a fork.
- In another bowl whisk the eggs together, and add them to the bananas.
- Stir until eggs and bananas are combined. The mixture is liquid.
- Add some butter (or coconut butter) in a medium pan, on medium/high heat.
- Pour 2 tbsp of the batter in the pan to make a small round pancake.
- Depending on the pan size, add more batter to bake a couple of pancakes more at the same time.
- Flip the pancakes very gently with a spatula and bake until golden brown.
- Add any toppings you like. Honey goes great with bananas, and you can also add some yoghurt to serve.
- Make sure the pancakes are small enough. They are difficult to flip because they're softer than the regular wheat pancakes.
- You can add some grated apple in the batter, it's a great combo together with the banana. If you do that, you need to add another egg.
- It's very important to use cream of tartar or baking powder. It'll make your pancakes fluffier, they'll look like pancakes.
- You can add cacao powder in the mix but then you'll need to add some coconut sugar to compensate on the taste.
All in all, you can add anything you want to these babies. Use your imagination and enjoy!