Almond Butter Cookies (Gluten-Free)
I started baking a couple of years ago. I did cook, I was living alone ever since I was 18, because I had to eat at home sometimes lol. But baking wasn't my thing. I'm not "big" at it now, but my son thinks I'm a baking queen. Now, I like that so I'll keep baking. Mostly organic ingredients, gluten-free, refined sugar-free.
We spend some good fun time together while at it other than talking about ninja go and Pokemon cards.
If you don't mind the mess, try baking with your kids. If you do mind, don't bother. Whatever's best for your sanity...
Almond Butter Cookies
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 grass-fed butter (or coconut cream butter if you avoid dairy)
- 1/2 coconut sugar (or brown/white sugar if you're into that)
- some vanilla extract (or vanilla essence if that's what you have)
- 3 cups gluten-free wheat flour (spelt or wholegrain is also great)
- Use your mixer for the butter and sugar until you have a nice creamy mixture.
- Add 2 cups of flour and the vanilla and work the dough with your hands. Keep adding flour until the dough doesn't stick. Don't over work it or the cookies will be hard. We need a nice soft and oily dough.
- Cut out shapes and place on baking paper or a silicone baking mat. Bake in a preheated fan or conventional oven at 180°C / 200°C for 30'.
- Place them warm on a plate and decorate with whatever you prefer. We used sprinkles and ice sugar. You got to pick your battles with a 5yo.