Homemade Fresh Pasta
I've always been a pasta monster. It's one of my favourite dishes and perfect to eat with friends around a big table, hearty and fulfilling. You don't need to spend hours in the kitchen. And you shouldn't mess with too many ingredients, just keep it simple.
Penne al sugo di pomodoro
- 1/2kg wholegrain spelt penne or any other pasta you fancy. I love penne with this sauce.
- 5-6 big fresh organic tomatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- peperoncino or chilli flakes
- parmesan cheese
1. In a pan heat up some olive oil and add the garlic. Cook a few minutes till soft.
2. Blend the tomatoes in the blender and add them to the pan.
3. Add salt and pepper and let it cook for 20min, adding some water from the cooking pasta (don't let the sauce get dry).
4. Once pasta is ready, pour the sauce in the pasta pan and stir.
5. Serve warm and top with peperoncino or chilli and parmesan cheese
And then all you need is a good warm red and some nice company.
Pasta is for friends. Enjoy!