This is one of the easiest, healthiest recipes you can put on the table. I named it Asparagus au gratin although it doesn't have any cream. I eat good fat, so I wouldn't mind the real bechamel or reduced cream. Here's my version, made with grass-fed butter, and yoghurt.
- Sweet potatoes
- Small green asparagus (fresh)
- 2tbs grass-fed butter
- 2tbs virgin olive oil
- 200gr full-fat Greek yoghurt
- handful of nuts
- salt, pepper, nutmeg, chilli flakes
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Boil for 15' the sweet potatoes.
- Thinly slice the potatoes and place the first layer on the tray.
- Add the small fresh asparagus on top.
- In a small bowl whisk together the salt, pepper, butter, and oil.
- Pour half of the oil mixture on top.
- Follow the same steps for the second layer.
- Bake for 40'.
- Spread the yoghurt on top and let it sit for a while.
- Add the (baked) nuts, and chilli flakes.
- Feel free to use more fat in the recipe. I'm sure it'll be delicious with some cream.
Enjoy a big piece of this yumminess! Whole foods rock.