Gluten-free Orange Cake (Dairy-Free, Refined Sugar-Free)
Not much of an introduction with this one either. I realise just now that whenever I need to publish a recipe, there's not much to say. I love food for what it is but I was never good at introducing dishes. Maybe because it's something totally visual to me; more than cosmetics, or clothes, or people (I can talk for hours about those). The only thing I can say about this cake is that it combines two of the ingredients I love: almonds and oranges. And you can add a 3rd one if you're in the mood: dark chocolate, yum!
If you are counting calories, watch out. I don't, so I can devour the whole thing lol.
Almond orange cake *gluten free*
- 3 oranges
- 300gr almond flour
- 200gr coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp tartar cream
- 5 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Use a 23/24cm springform and coat it with some butter.
- Cook the oranges (in whole with peel) in a pan for 45'.
- After you let the oranges cool, cut them in pieces and pulp in a food processor (with peel).
- Start beating the eggs and the sugar.
- Add in the mixture the orange pulp, the almond flour, the tartar cream, and the vanilla extract.
- You might need to add more sugar if you like a nice sweet cake.
Be good, be well. Whenever you can.